Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Atlanta Program

So I landed in Atlanta and hurried to my connecting gate across a concourse and rail system only to find, much to my chagrin, that I should have checked the flight time before bypassing the food court. I had just embarked on a 6 hour and 55 minute layover (EDIT: due to delays, this turned into an 8 hour layover). I realized I must have signed up for the Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Atlanta program.

Fortunately, just a short bus ride away, my Uncle Monty works at Delta Headquarters. After paying the exorbitant airport WiFi fee, I was able to get in contact with him by email and let him know I needed him to entertain me. Did he ever! What better way to entertain a young tech-junky engineer than to let him fly a $20 million flight simulator?

"Thank you for flying Delta airlines, with your captain A.J. Rogers. The temperature at Hartsfield International Airport is 89 degrees Fahrenheit and the local time is 5:05 PM. Please use caution when opening the over-head compartments as your luggage has almost certainly shifted during the turbulent landing. On behalf of Delta, we would like to apologize for all neck injuries sustained and offer free peanuts as a token of our appreciation for your business. Enjoy your stay in Atlanta or wherever your travels may take you."


No comments: