Monday, June 23, 2008

Clear!



Thursday´s engineering class ended with the construction of a defibrillator tester. As much as I wished it were a more exciting show, it was cool to know the barely audible “click” and the small LED that lit up when triggered was enough energy (360 J) to kill (and then revive?) me.



That night, after some salsa lessons, I met up with a high school friend, Fallon, who was in town on vacation. Against incredible odds, she was able to make her way to “the bar next to the pink house 600 meters north of the market nearest the University.” It sure takes some guts for someone, especially an attractive young woman, to travel across San Jose alone with no Spanish knowledge to an unknown destination. Bravo.



Friday I met up with another friend in downtown San Jose at the fancy Aurora Hotel. Lauren Marx, a fellow Duke student, and her family took me in and fed me an amazing meal. I was worried I might embarrass myself by eating rapaciously but fortunately my stomach had already atrophied.


No comments: